HCA Parent Partnership
The HCAPP is our version of the PTO. All parents are invited to HCAPP meetings, which are held on the second Tuesday of the month from 5:30-7:00pm, unless otherwise specified. Meetings are held at Division 2 (8 Leavitt Dr., Brunswick).
The objectives of the HCAPP include:
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school and community.
- Increase student safety and security through parent education.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
- Create opportunities for parent discussions and support.
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
The HCAPP does:
- Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs.
- Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
- Provide feedback / assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues.
- Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget.
The HCAPP does not:
- Run the school.
- Set policy regarding school programs.
- Define the school’s curriculum.
- Define or interfere with the school’s security program and policies.
- Control the school’s budget.
There are many ways parents can support HCA. We invite parents to take a look at our wish list, join us for a Parent Partnership meeting, and talk to us about leading a workshop or becoming a mentor.
All students for the 2016-17 school year must fill out the following online form PRIOR to the first day of school:
HCA 2016-17 Registration Paperwork
Please complete this form annually, and re-submit this form whenever your contact information changes.
UPDATED: HCA Family Handbook 2016-17 – details procedures & policies for HCA.
HCA Calendar 2016-17– includes HCAPP meeting dates, trimester dates, and student-led conference dates.
Maine Learning Technology Implementation (MLTI) Erate survey for families – please complete this form to ensure our ability to participate in a program that provides free internet access to our school.
iPad Care policy – directions for the care and cleaning of iPads.
Learn more about HCA, and why we do the things we do, by reading these Documents:
Navigating Parent Resources
All students have HCA email addresses that are linked to Google Classroom. To login, open a browser and enter https://classroom.
This is a resource for you to have a sense of what work is being done in our classes, and what work your student has completed. Please note, that if an assignment was turned in through google drive, it will be marked as “complete”. If an assignment is turned in on paper, it will show as “due” or “late”. If you have concerns about outstanding work, please contact your child’s Core Advisor.
All students have Khan Academy accounts. For an illustrated guide about logging in and monitoring progress, please click here. Login is completed using student google account information (firstinitiallastname@
The expectation for Division 1 is that all students will complete 20 minutes of Khan Academy out of class from Monday-Thursday unless something else has been assigned instead. This can be done in independent work time at school, during Academic Support, or at home.
The expectation for Division 2 is that all students will complete 20 minutes of Khan Academy out of class from Monday-Thursday unless something else has been assigned instead. This can be done in independent work time at school, during Academic Support, or at home.
Rosetta Stone is being used by our students who are studying a foreign language. Students have downloaded the application on their iPads and can also log in through a browser on a computer. Students must log in as an “educational learner.” The username is “firstinitiallastname”, the password is “language” and the portal name is “harpswellcoastal”. Upon login, you can look at the lessons that your child has practiced, and the lessons that are upcoming.
Please refer to this list when determining who to contact for different questions or concerns.
Associate Head of School, Carrie Branson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Carrie is the point of contact for:
- Transportation (bus route issues)
- Food services
- Charter Commission related questions
- Board of Director related questions
- Summer Programs
Division 1 Principal, Matt Hamilton (email@example.com).
Matt is the point of contact for:
- academic/ behavior/ school culture issues for Division 1 students
- Bus behavior issues for division 1 students
Dean of Students, Maria Russell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Maria is the point of contact for:
- academic/ behavior/ school culture issues for Division 2 & 3 students
- Bus behavior issues for division 2 & 3 students
Curriculum Leader, Micah Depper (email@example.com).
Micah is the point of contact for:
- Questions or issues related to Project Foundry
Digital Learning Leader, Phelan Gallagher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Phelan is the point of contact for:
- Technology questions, in particular regarding iPads & laptop computers
Special Education Director, Deryl Holt (email@example.com).
Deryl is the point of contact for:
- Issues related to special education services (please contact your child’s case manager first)
504 Coordinator, Lee Emmons (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lee is the point of contact for:
- Issues related to 504 plans at HCA
Finance Director, Andrew Smaha (email@example.com).
Andrew is the point of contact for:
- School lunch payment questions
- Finance related questions/ concerns
School Health Aid, Angelina Simmons (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Angelina is the point of contact for:
- Health services for your child